Ingredients (for 2 persons)
• 45 ml espresso
• 50 g ground coffeek
• 2 eggs
• 100 g sugar
• 1 pinch salt
• 1 sachet (about 8 g) vanilla sugar
• 100 g dark chocolate
• 250 g ground almonds
• 50 g flour
• 1 tbsp Kirsch
• Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a small bowl.
• Pour hot water over the chocolate until it has melted and then carefully pour the water away.
• Prepare the espresso.
• Add the espresso and melted chocolate to a bowl.
• Add the eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla sugar and freshly ground coffee.
• Whisk the ingredients together, gradually adding the almonds and flour.
• Then chill the dough for an hour.
• Cut off small portions with a teaspoon, form into small balls between your hands, and roll them in the sugar.
• Leave to rise for an hour and then bake at 230°C for 5 minutes.
The guetzli are ready to take out of the oven when they start to show fine cracks.